CALL FOR ARTIST SUBMISSIONS
DEADLINE: 30 June 2023
Maya Gallery is pleased to announce an open call to all artists for our upcoming art exhibition entitled "Homeland". This exhibition will showcase contemporary landscape artworks that depict the concept of "home" and the idea of belonging.
As the world continues to change and people migrate from one place to another, the definition of "home" becomes more complex. We want to explore the different interpretations of what "home" means to individuals and how it can be expressed through art. We welcome all types of contemporary landscape artworks, including paintings, photographs, and mixed media. The artwork should reflect the theme of "Homeland" and should be created within the last two years.
This exhibition will be held from August 5 – 18, 2023, at Maya Gallery Singapore. We encourage artists from all over the world to participate and share their unique perspectives on this theme.
To apply, please submit your artwork image(s), artist bio, statement, photo, CV, and registration fee of $100 per work / $200 for 2 works, by June 30, 2023.
The artist with the best work will be awarded with a solo exhibition to be held at the gallery the following year. We look forward to receiving your submissions!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
We invite artists to submit artworks for “Homeland”. Selected finalists will have the opportunity to be part of an exhibition to showcase contemporary landscape artworks that depict the concept of "home" and the idea of belonging.
- Entries must be 80 cm or less in both height and width (including frame).
- All mediums are accepted including painting, illustration, design, digital art (printed), photography, collage, printmaking, textiles and mixed media.
- Entry is open to all living artists from 18 years of age, emerging and established, in Singapore and worldwide.
- Entering Homeland confirms that you are the owner/creator of the work submitted.
- If selected, work delivered to the gallery must be exactly the same as the image submitted.
- Works must be framed, well presented, and complete with hanging wire. Paper works must be framed, if using matt board must only be in white/slightly off-white, covered with acrylic/perspex, and not exceed the size requirements. 3D submissions are not accepted.
- If the guidelines/criteria are not met, such as incomplete submission, works not delivered on time, not gallery-ready, unstable, differing significantly from the uploaded images, or lacking in presentation or craftsmanship, entries may be omitted from the show.
- All unsold works must be collected by the artists after the end of the show.
- All artwork must be for sale.
- The gallery will take a 40% commission on all work sold.
- While we promise that we will do our best, we cannot guarantee that your artwork will sell.
DELIVERY & INSURANCE
- Artists are responsible for ALL shipping and framing expenses related to the exhibition.
- While we maintain a Fine Art insurance policy covering artwork on our premises, you are solely responsible for insuring your art while in transit to and from the gallery.
- We are not liable for any damage/loss of artworks during shipping/delivery to and from the gallery.
- Registration starts on May 20 2023; and closes on June 30, 2023.
- Each application must be accompanied by a non-refundable Entry Fee of $100 per artwork, or $200 for 2 artworks.
- Payment can be made via Hitpay, PAYNOW or Bank Transfer with the online submission.
- Entry will be judged based on the image photo you upload.
- Only selected works will be exhibited. Finalists will be selected by a panel of judges including Maya Gallery cofounders Masturah Sha’ari and Jeffrey Wandly. Judges’ decision is final on all aspects of selection and awarding the prize. No correspondence or appeal will be entered into or considered.
EXHIBITION & MARKETING
- The gallery will take care of the organisation, setting up and communication of the event.
- Artwork entered may be reproduced by any means, in any media for promotional purposes such as media coverage or online publicity.
- Images uploaded via registration may be reproduced in the Homeland e-catalogue, including unselected submissions.
- The e-catalogue will be available during the exhibition.
SUBMIT ENTRYPlease prepare the following documents for online submission:
- Up to 2 Artwork Images in high resolution (300 dpi) with title, medium, dimensions, year, price (SGD); with correct orientation (horizontal or vertical).
- Artist Profile Photo in high resolution (300 dpi).
- Payment Transaction Slip
- Artist Biography – tell us about yourself and your background (max 100 words).
- Artwork Statement – brief description of your submitted work, technique (max 100 words).
- Artist CV – complete resume of your educational background, work experiences, exhibitions, projects, awards received (if any).
MAY 20 : Registration Starts
JUNE 30 : Submission Deadline
JULY 8 : Finalists Announcement
JULY 20–22 : Arrival of finalists’ artwork; In-person drop off 12-6 pm
AUG 5 – 18 : HOMELAND
AUG 5 (SAT) : Show opens at Maya Gallery
AUG 18 : Show closes at Maya Gallery
AUG 19 : Collection of unsold artwork 12-6 pm